Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tis' The Seasons for New Beginnings

November 2011::
Well the day has come!  After many months of travels, events, laughs, cries, triumphs, and the constant ebb and flow of loneliness vs independence, the time has come where we can prepare for the arrival of Bryan from Afghanistan.  It has been a long road that I'm sure we will look back on and only see where it has made us a stronger family.  Not everyone can manage the livelihood of a being a part of a military family, I know that I have struggled.  For some, it is an even longer road- some families are separated for a year or longer.  Even the occasional two months is difficult, especially when there are children involved and no immediate family around for support.  I have a lot of respect for the families that make this a long-term lifestyle.  I'm not sure what is in our future, but I suppose I can only take it one day at a time, that is how I survived the last 190 days.
Bryan came home on Sunday, November 13.  It was an emotional homecoming.  His family and my mom were at the airport to welcome him home.  Sign and all.  After nearly five days of traveling, he was happy to be back in the US and reunited with his family.  We all went out for Pizza and then headed back South to Roseburg.  I thought that it was going to be more awkward between the two of us, but we kinda just started up from where we left off.  Finn was a little reluctant at first with Bryan, but took to him by that evening.  Although i despised Skype most of the time, I have to give it credit for helping with Finn.  I think that the everyday "interaction" with Bryan helped Finn remember his voice and maybe even his face.
Upon the return of Bryan, life took on a whole new fast-track approach.  The weekend following his return, we packed up my Little apartment and back tracked up to washington to move in and begin some serious work on the house.   Officially, we moved in Thanksgiving weekend- that's when we brought Finn up.  Saying goodbye to Roseburg, was both exciting and sad.  I was obviously excited, because saying goodbye meant that Bryan was home and it was time to start our new chapter in our new-old home; but saying goodbye was emotional.  Roseburg is a beautiful little city with amazing people and there is no place different that i would have chosen to spend my time.  The summer was warm and mild, I made new friends and Karyl and I became best friends- id say.  Finn was a happy boy and we got to experience the best of the Northwest.
Now that Bryan is home, all is good in the world again.  We still have a long way to go- we are still working on sharing parental duties and developing a routine with Finn.  We are in the process of getting Finn established with new physicains and therapists; I am preparing for nursing school starting January and also getting ready for Bryan to leave again at the new year.  He is leaving for Altus, Ok for two and a half months for training and then he'll be home ;-)  for awhile- i hope.  Life is always changing and there are always new obstacles to face.  Change is not aways fun, but it keeps things interesting.  Six months ago, with the news that Bryan was deploying and the decision to move to Oregon and the unknown ahead of us, we felt that this was all part of Gods plan.  There were times where i was angry and didn't understand, but through it all I believe that we held strong in our faith and felt that we were on the right path.  I feel blessed to have Bryan return home safe and thank God for all that he provided us and myself.  I was emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually cared for.  We look forward now to the the next chapter in our lives and all that it will hold.  I think its going to be another busy year and hopefully full of many more blessings and challenges to be thankful for.

Stay tuned for the next chapter in the series- House Renovation 2011/2012.

The Clune Clan ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment