Sunday, February 6, 2011

FPU Week 4: Where Do You Find Inspiration?

Week Four of Financial Peace University.  Thankfully its the beginning of the month, so I can start spending money again...
Not to say that I can't, or that we are totally restricting ourselves, but at the end of the month and all the money is spent, well- it sucks.  We did have a small victory though- we stuck to our budget and were even able to put extra money towards our credit card; thus we are getting our debt snowball rolling (step 2).  The only set back was Bryan's truck had to be taken in, and apparently a new belt replaced or something- so that was kinda  of considered an "emergency," so we tapped into that fund, and now our goal for February is back to step one- Emergency fund of $1000. 
Two steps back, one step forward.  Doesn't it always go that way?

Anyways, regardless of the technicalities, I really do look forward to going to class each week- like really look forward to it.  There is a small group of us there, but you feel like you are a part of something bigger.  Dave Ramsey is a really great motivational speaker and who-would-have-thought there was humor is talking about money.  He is inspirational.  Also, it is exciting and inspirational at the thought of learning about where your hardworking money can take you in life.  I feel like a changed person.  One small step at a time, I (we) are taking control over our lives.  Granted, we have only been doing this "officially" for four weeks, we have really been doing it since October.  Bryan's parents started FPU (Financial Peace University) then and introduced it to us. We read Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey on our own and started applying those concepts to our lives in October.  The first three months are a learning period, where you work out all the kinks.  We did good in Oct and Nov, but fell off the wagon in Dec.  Once we discovered there was a FPU coming to Del Rio, we hopped on that like an old potato sack, so now we are "official."  I am obviously excited, otherwise why would I be writing about it and probably boring those who are reading this (dont worry Ill put pics of Finn up next time).  Part of our homework is keeping a journal- so that is what this is I suppose.  Who knows, maybe Ill get the oppurtunity to inspire just one person. 

Here is a video of the FPU preview...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLX3wUY1xGg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQQ0DI1nv8M

Til next time, Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you :) You are making such great decision. You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete