July, the month of summer BBQs, music festivals, camping and holidays. One of my favourite holidays- Independence Day. I love spending the day at some form of body of water, BBQ'ing (with our own little tradition being a shrimp boil), and then of course fireworks!! In the Northwest you can do the good ones- the sparkly ones that go high in the air! Things were a little different this year, but still great. We BBQ'd with family and friends, and it was beautiful weather. Finn and I retired early into the evening- he was D.O.N.E if you know what I mean. I believe I snuggled up on the couch with a nice glass of wine and watched True Grit, a true ladies night. HA.
| Happy 4th! |
![]() |
| Before: Jody and I cleaning the pool |
| After: Our hard work payed off. Glorious. |
![]() |
| Finny and the baby pool, must have been cold. |
Tuesdays in July: We spent several Tuesdays nights at Music at the Halfshell in Stewart Park. Every week, a different band would perform and the best part- It was free, and there was ice cream available!
![]() |
| Summer, music, and wine... |
| Finn holding down the Fort. HaHa |
| The Grandparents ;-) |
I went out of my comfort zone and did something new and fun. I had some photography done of me; it was a little surprise for Bryan.
July 14th: A beautiful day to go to the park.
My Birthday was on the 22nd of this month, and I had a fun ladies luncheon with some friends at The Lighthouse Cafe in Sutherlin. I ordered a yummy, vegan (its all vegan) "Ham and Cheese" sandwich. It was kinda different but very good and we had a great time.
The real highlight of the weekend was my Self Defense and Gun Safety class! We have guns in the house, so I thought it would be smart to actually learn how to safely use them and also the laws that coerce with gun use. It was AWESOME! The instructor was very informative and somewhat humorous. I would recommend him to anyone, even those that have gun experience, because I bet he has more. We went out to some random rock quarry and got to take out some frustration on some unsuspecting rocks and people shaped targets. I must say, I am quite the sharp-shooter, so nobody better mess with me!
a funny little side note- The days leading up to my impending birthday and gun class, I notice my DL and military ID are expired; so rather than being a 'normal' citizen and getting my DL renewed, I decided to take a random day trip to the coast to get my military ID renewed (in OR and WA if you have a current government ID, you do not need to renew expired DL) all because I didn't want to get a new DL. I really like my DL picture. Yes, I am serious. I really like my picture, people...
Besides, who likes standing in line at the DMV anyways and I had to so something. They probably wouldn't have let me shoot guns without some form of ID!!
| Finn really is cruising around now and honing his crawling skills. |
Okay, back to the story at hand... July.
Because I am so good at keeping busy and stressing myself out, I made a last minute decision to register for two online classes that would go towards my nursing school application come winter 2012. They say, that when the husband leaves that it is best to keep busy. But that is a catch 22, because the more busy you are, the more stressed you are. But I took the advice and that is just what I intended to do. Away I went and got my classes started and we were on our way to August.
With August just around the corner and an upcoming vacation to Kauai to look forward too, were nearing the half way point. Though life has been a roller coaster over the last two months, Finn and I were getting along and we were figuring things out one day at at time.
This month was truly the month where I was gaining My independence....










No comments:
Post a Comment