In my defense, we have been real busy in these parts... Here is a recap (actually can I recap something, that I didn't even mention?) Let me rephrase, here is a story about what a wife and small child do to keep busy while a husband goes away for a deployment.
May 2011::
On May 9, 2011, Bryan went away for his first 'short-tour" deployment to Bagrame AFB in Afgahnistan. The day was a very emotional and gut-wrenching day as I drove Bryan to the airport, gave him one last long kiss and hugg, and said goodbye to the man I love for 6 months. Looking back, May is a fog in my mind. It was a time of adjustment, tears, anger and sadness. Finn and I spent alost every day at Karyl and Phils while we were getting settled into the 'casa de Chrystal and Finn'. Our little shoebox apartment just didnt feel like home away from 100 degree days in Texas, Friends (ie. a social life), the dogs and cat, and most of all the Daddy and Husband we loved and missed so dearly. I dove right into developing a routine and normal life. I met some amazing and simpathetic women through Redeemers Fellowship Church- a Moms Group, and found a place to relieve stress- Crossfit Roseburg. As June approached and Finns One Year Birthday; I was busy making plans and notating all of his little milestones. A few highlights of May included a circus! Though not your average Circ de Soliel, it was entertaining and they had lions! We also made a brief trip to Bend, Ore to visit Judy (Bryans Aunt). It snowed on the way there in MAY! Craziness. The trip was much needed and we were all able to say our last goodbyes to Judy. She passed away that weekend due to Breast Cancer. She was a very sweet woman and is dearly missed.
![]() |
| Scary Clown! |
| Circus in Yoncalla, Ore |
| Snow at Diamond Lake in May! |
June 2011::
Finn began seeing A physical therapist through the Early Intervention Program here in Roseburg, Ore. The PT came highly reccomended and she has been a great help to us over the last few months. Before leaving Texas, we were concerned about Finns 'wobble' and had him checked out by the pediatrician. A CT scan was done (which was agonizing), and thankfully, it was clear. Everything looked good in his head ;-) Our Dr did suggest to get with doctors and therapist once we got settled in Ore- so I went about doing that- with some resistance and denial. At this time, finn was not crawling yet, but he was finally rollin gover front to back and back to front. He is making progression, but very slowly. June 4th, rolled around and it was Finnys Birthday!!! My mom came down from Portland to help set up and such. The theme was Airplanes!!! My mom decorated a beautiful cake and Karyl help the party at her house and decorated the house so cute! We had mostly family and a few friends there. It was perfect. Bryan was able to Skype with us and sing Happy Birthday to Finn and watch as he dove into his cake. He had blue poop for two days!! His little butt was stained.
![]() |
| Finn with crazy hair and Theratogs on. |
| Opening Presents on His Birthday |
| He Dove Right In! |
At the end of the month, we went camping at Cottage Grove lake. This was Finn and I's first camping trip together (with family, of course). We had a delightful time with amazing weather and made acquaintances with a friendly deer.
| We named her Grace |
| Bath in a Bucket ;-) |
As June was coming to an end, I was somewhat relieved. Summer was coming, we had been enjoying being back in the NW, visiting family, and spending Tuesdays at Music at the Half shell at Stewart Park. I was also meeting new people and we were getting settled in. Tears were less and Bryan and I were in a positive place and Finn was being happy and healthy.
July 2011::
To be Continued...



No comments:
Post a Comment