Thursday, January 27, 2011

Aerobathon!

Okay so my post may be a little belated on this subject, but last Saturday on January 22, I completed a 3 hour sweat session called the Aerobathon!!  It was fun, spirited and tiring. 
It consisted of six 30 minute aerobic classes held consecutively in one three hour sector.  There were probably about 60 or so brave souls who attended and actually finished.  I was one of them and proud! 
I suppose that when i signed up, it didn't actually register in my brain what the aerobathon actually entailed- until i was in the midst of it.  About 45 minutes into it and while shifting my weight on the most uncomfortable seat ever (a bike seat) I realized- CRAP! We still have TWO hours to go!!
Anyways, after shaking my booty in Zumba, cringing in my seat during spin,  pumping iron in circuit training, crunching in during abs, being a bad ass during kick boxing and meditating (aka just lying there unable to move) in yoga- I finished!  It was awesome!  I got myself a free commemorative t-shirt, water bottle, and sore muscles to take home, but I FINISHED! During my endorphin high of achievement, I began thinking, If I can do this I can surely complete a half marathon!  Well the endorphins have run out and I am thinking clearly now, Ill keep you posted on whether a half marathon is in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I remember this last year AKA "Super Fit". I also remember laying on the couch drinking wine and watching the Karwisch's wedding video afterwards (:

    ReplyDelete