Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Milestones...

Finn is now 7 1/2 monthes old!! It seems just yesterday I was holding him and he barely fit in my arms.  Ah to reminence...

He is growing so, so fast! He has a tooth now and I think the second one is working its way in as well.  He LOVES to eat!!  He eats just about everything we feed him, except peas.  His favorites are bananas and mango.  He eats pureed chicken, salmon, turkey, all the fruits and veggies.  He is also eating mandarin slices, pear bites, dairy, and cheerios. 

He is sitting up now while on the floor, not with a straight back, but kinda folded over.  Last Thursday, he rolled from back to front on his own... and he is slightly bringing his kness up when he is on his stomach.  Im going to predict, that he wont be much a crawler; he'll be a late crawler, but then go straight to walking.  I'll follow up in the next 5 monthes to see what has happened. 

He is very vocal, laughs alot, and protests when you take away something or get him dressed.  He'd much rather be naked.  Also, he LOVES his baths!!  That is a Finn and Daddy activity, and he loves to splash and kick.  I like to sit in and be a bystander.  Its like being at a Shamoo show- you WILL get splashed if your in the front row. 

Our Holiday season was amazing and full of blessings.  Finn and I had the oppurtunity to go to Oregon the week before christmas and see family, whom we missed alot!  Then, Bryan's parents were able to come to Texas for actual Christmas.  It was the first christmas we had at our house in Texas where there was family there. So much fun!! 

As for now, I have gotten busy sewing and making projects for friends and just kind of experimenting.  I have also been involved in a ladies bible study, which is enriching to my soul.  Bryan has got a new job as ADO (Assistant Director of Operations); he really likes it.  It is more responsibility but better hours- he's actually home at decent hours!  He is also going to take on another Master's class here in the next month, and he is in the realms of pinning on Major.  As a couple, we just started a Financial Peace University class, where we are going to learn about our finances and how to make good decisions with our money- we'll let you know how that goes...
We are enjoying our last year in Texas and are anxiously waiting to hear of any dates that we might be moving.  But, until then, we will be enjoying the sunny days, the lake and all of our friends.  Parenthood has also been a great joy.  We are learning Alot!  I think it is a mutual understanding that parenthood is basically a guessing game and a follow-your-instinct kind of gig.  Neverless, we wouldn't trade it for the world.  So that is what the Clune household has been up to, til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment